How to build the prefect sandcastlePosted on 08/19/2014
Building a sandcastle is not just for the little ones. It is a fun activity that the whole family can enjoy together. Below are some tips to build the prefect sandcastle.
- Location: Avoid building in areas that have a high amount of foot traffic. Also, avoid building too close to the shore.
- Foundation: Just like your home, a strong foundation is key.
-In order to build the prefect sandcastle, the sand must be wet. By adding water, sand sticks together so it can be shaped. We recommend packing down the wet sand for the best results. Also, let the water drain before using.
- To know if sand is wet enough, take a ball of sand, roll it in your hands. If it stays together than it is ready.
Bucket: You are going to need lots of water. To save you time and energy , fill up a large bucket of water to keep near the building site.
Tools: You may build with only your two hands but the following tools make the experience easier.
- Long handled lightweight shovel
- Carving tools
- Shave away in thin layers. It is always easier to take away sand than add.
- Work from top to bottom: This way you are less likely to ruin the design with your knee or falling sand.
- If creating small details, blow away extra sand with a straw.
Lastly, the most important tip.... Have fun!