When bringing "Fido" to Pawleys, you need to prepare like you would for a child. Here’s what you should consider before you leave.
Bring drinking water & a bowl: While your dog may enjoy drinking the ocean, it does not hydrate them. Beware of the amount of ocean water they drink, it may cause an upset stomach.
Provide shade: Like people dogs can get sunburn and it is best to limit the time in the direct sun. Offer your dog a cool shady spot to lay when it gets too hot. If the sand is too hot for you, it is too hot for your dog.
Recommended Items: Toys, First Aid Kit, Treats, Leash, Medication & Specialty food, Important medical papers, Pet bed & other daily necessities, Sunscreen, ID, Life Jacket, etc.
Scooper & Extra Bags: Like any public place you must pick up after your dog.
Know The Rules:
- Georgetown County Beach Rules and Regulations: Dogs must be leashed from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Dogs that are not leashed during other hours must be under voice control and owners must be able to demonstrate voice control to a law enforcement officer if asked
- Lachicotte Rental Policy: Dogs are allowed only in designated Pet Friendly homes. NO EXCEPTIONS. Pets are limited to two domestic, housebroken dogs unless otherwise advertised. There is a non-refundable $200.00 (plus tax) pet cleaning and spray fee that will be charged to each guest bringing a pet. Any violation with pets in a No Pets home or any pet other than a dog will be cause for termination of tenancy.
Keep An Eye Out: Dogs have a talent for finding hidden objects on the beach. Look for old fishing gear, broken glass, garbage, jellyfish, etc.
Respect Others: Some people will be excited to see your dog but others are not as welcoming. Do not let your dog disrupt other beach goers.
The above tips are meant as a general guideline please contact us or your vet for more information. It is recommended that sick, injured or pregnant dogs stay at home.
Each year, the majority of our renters drive to the area. Weather the drive is 5 hours or 20 below are some tips.
- Cool your hot car by rolling down one window, then walk to the other side and open and close the door multiple times.
- Use a rubber band as a phone holder.
- Exit signs are positioned depending on which side the exit is.
- Cereal boxes made a great trash can.
- If you a driving a unfamiliar car, the arrow next to the gas pump shows which side of the car the gas tank is on.
- Dryer sheets make a great air freshener.
- When getting gas, hold the trigger halfway. You will get less air in the tank and more gas.
- If in a traffic jam, pay attention to which lane the 18 wheelers are using. They communicate with each other to know which lanes to avoid.
- Clear nail polish can fix scratches.
- Turning your steering wheel 180 degrees when parked, keeps the top from being burning hot when you return.
- Parking someplace unfamiliar? Drop a pin on your phone map.
- Mesh bungee can be used as a coat hanger.
- Shower caddys can hold oil and other liquids that you need for the trip.
- If you need repairs on the road and worry about getting conned. Ask about a part of the car that you know is in good shape.
- If under 25, you can get the rental car surcharge fee waived by registering for a USAA membership.
- Keep an emergency kit in your trunk.
- Bring an inflatable pool floatie if you need a bed.
- If a truck suddenly slows down, you should too. Truckers communicate speed traps.
- Don't change lanes during a traffic jam. Studies show you will not get out any faster. You will though increase your chance of getting into a accident.
Address: 22 Grackle LaneSubdivision: Sweet GrassCity: Pawleys IslandMLS#: 1517443Asking Price: $575,000Description:22 Grackle Lane, Pawleys Island, SC ~ Welcome to the secluded and tucked away Pawleys Island creek front community of Sweet Grass Marsh! This lovely home features dual masters (main floor and 2nd floor), a spacious Carolina room, media room that could easily be converted into a fourth bedroom and elevator to the main living floor. The expansive covered porches offer peaks of the ocean, Midway Inlet, the top floor "Widows Walk" is the perfect spot for day sunning or watching evening moon rises over the ocean and creek! Some of the special charm of this pristine home are the newly refinished hardwood floors, granite in the kitchen and baths, stainless appliances, gas fireplace, crown moulding, open decks overlooking the courtyard, generous storage under the house with a room that could easily be used as an office or exercise room. Community features include gated entrances, dock and walkway to the creek, kayak/canoe storage, outstanding ocean and creek views! Pawleys Island, SC is located about an hour north of historic Charleston and 20 minutes south of the vacation destination Myrtle Beach. Myrtle Beach International Airport is a short drive away. Sweet Grass is convenient to award winning dining, boutique and specialty shopping, Brookgreen Gardens, numerous golf courses, the Intra Coastal-Waterway, seafood capital Murrells Inlet, and the beautiful Atlantic Ocean! OWNER IS A LICENSED SC REALTOR.Listing Agent: Nancy Siau: 843-450-1835 , firstname.lastname@example.org
The Lachicotte Company is pleased to announce the addition of David Teems to the property management division of the company. His arrival will facilitate the strategic growth plans in the area of property management services.
Teems brings over 20 years of rental & property management experience to the table. Prior to joining The Lachicotte Company, he was Director of Owner Services & Broker in Charge at a Litchfield based firm. Teems has served on many HOA Boards, and currently on the Georgetown County Tourism Commission-Vice Chair, Pawleys Island A-Tax Committee-Member and the Litchfield Corridor Beautification Committee-Advisory Committee.
In his new role at The Lachicotte Company, he will work as the head of the Property Management Department. Responsibilities include providing leadership and strategic direction for the operations of all properties in The Lachicotte Company portfolio, monitoring financial and operational results and implementing necessary changes to ensure that objectives are being achieved.
- 1LB. Bacon
- 1 EA. Large onion chopped
- 2LBS. Of your favorite sausage - I use Smoked Hillshire in the yellow package
- 1 EA. 10LB bag of chicken leg quartes / use whole chicken if you like
- Long grain rice - Your choice, I use blue ribbon
- Chicken Broth
- Salt & Pepper
- Cut bacon into 3" strips
- Cut sausage into 1/4's ( I cut sausage long ways in half then cut into 1/4's)
- Chop onions small
- In cast iron pot put some oil in bottom so bacon won't stick ( Your choice of oil, I use olive oil)
- Fry bacon
- When finshed cooking, remove bacon
- Brown sausage
- Add onions and cook them until soft
- Add water until pot is 3/4 full
- Add salt and pepper water to taste
- Add chicken after washed
- Bring to boil with lid cracked so water wont boil over. If it does, take some water out
- Cook until chicken is falling off bone
- Remove chicken and remove bones and fat
- Put chicken bak in pot
- Add one or two boxes of chicken broth
- Bring back to boil
- Taste water to see if salt and pepper is needed ( This is how your pilau will taste)
- When boiling, put rice in until you have 1 inch of water over rice everywhere
- Put lid on tight and cut to low until rice is done ( In about an hour )
Courtesy of Macahiah Williams ( Realtor and Owner of Krazy K's BBQ)
Salute from the Shore VI - The Return of the Jets from Shaw AFB!
Salute from the Shore VI is back in 2015 with our parade of World War II aircraft filled with active duty military personnel and veterans. The really great news is that jets from Shaw AFB will make their first appearance since 2012 and will fly the mission with the vintage planes down the entire SC coast. Show your support for our active and veteran military by breaking out your Red, White, and Blue.
The show will begin, as always, at 1:00 PM on July 4th in Cherry Grove, SC, just north of Myrtle Beach. A flight of two F-16s from the 20th Fighter Wing based at Shaw Air Force Base will begin the flyover and cover the entire coast, circling Patriot’s Point in Charleston before concluding their run south of Hilton Head at approximately 1:45 PM. There will be other flights of planes that will be visible at different times at different points along the coast…but all should be visible between 1:00 and 2:00 PM. Exact times will be posted on Facebook or salutefromtheshore.org closer to the event.
Sound of the Sea
Ocean Front, Pawleys Island
5 Bedrooms - 5 Baths
Now introducing "Sound of the Sea"!!! New to our inventory for 2015, don't delay booking this phenomenal oceanfront beach home for your upcoming family vacation. Experience majestic sunrises, sunsets, loggerhead turtle nests and natural salt marsh views.This 5 bedroom 5 bath beach home boasts 2 oceanfront master suites. One is complete with fireplace and large soaking tub. Each of the top floor bedrooms have en suite or connecting baths. Spacious open kitchen and fireplace in the family room with connected dining area is perfect for large family meals. Open and covered decks for relaxing and watching the slow rise and fall of the ocean tides. Outside shower with ample covered and general parking. There is 1 bedroom on the main floor with 1 queen and 1 twin bed. Four top floor bedrooms consist of 2 bedrooms each with king beds, 1 queen & twin bedroom and final bedroom has 2 twin beds. Pull out queen sofa bed in living room. Sleeps 14.
Spending a week at Pawleys is fun and relaxing but before you can arrive you must pack. When packing some of us simply need help. You may over pack, run out of room or make a mess. The below tips will help you out.
Place skincare products in straws
Place wine bottles inside pool floaties
Roll don’t fold to decrease size and wrinkles.
You can use empty chap stick containers to hide valuables
Keep your earphones untangled with binders.
Pot holders can be used as heat-proof holders for hair accessories.
Place shoes in a shower cap to keep the dirt and sand off your clothes while in your suite case
Place a cotton pad or ball on top of your powdered makeup to keep it from smashing.
Place your blazer inside-out to keep it from wrinkling.
Keep your razor head secure with a binder clip.
Store liquid makeup inside contact cases. Be sure to label the case so it is not used for anything else.
You can keep jewelry tangled free with Press'n Seal or store in a pill case.
Store hair pins inside old Tic-Tac cases
Keep your shirt collar stiff with your belt.
Save room by leaving your speakers at home. You can place your iPhone inside a cup for makeshift speakers.
Tea containers can hold anything from a small travel medical kit to hair ties.
Store loose cables in an old sunglasses case.
Use old easter egg containers to hold headbands and hair ties
Place plastic wrap over bottles to keep them from leaking.
For the car ride, place kids snacks in a art supply box
Protect your clothes from travel stink.with dyer sheet
Over the weekend, thousands headed to Murrells Inlet for the 15th Annual Chilympics. The event was free and open to all ages.
Once inside the event, you could purchase samples from over 40 self-proclaimed chilimasters. The cost for sample tickets where $1. Besides chili, guest enjoyed live music, local art and crafts, area business, and food.
The funds of this year event went too Grand Strand Chapter of the Surfrider Foundation.
Come enjoy everything you love about Pawleys minus the crowds. Starting October 1st until March, you may rent Happy Times Up and Happy Times Down for a special 4 day mini vacation rate. Special amenities include creek dock, kayaks, bicycles, beach chairs and much more.
Happy Times Up and Down is conveniently located 30 minutes to Myrtle Beach, 90 minutes to Charleston and 3 hours to Charlotte.
Weather you are a local or in town for the weekend, you do not want to miss the celebration occurring on Independence Day.
7 a.m. - Fifth Annual Independence Day 8K/5K - The Market Common in Myrtle Beach
10 a.m. - 48th Annual Pawleys Island 4th of July Parade - Myrtle Avenue in Pawleys Island
10 a.m. - North Litchfield Children's Fun Parade - Hanover Street in North Litchfield/Pawleys Island
12 p.m. (or high tide) - 31st Annual Murrells Inlet Boat Parade - Garden City Point
1 p.m. - Fifth Annual Salute From The Shore
4 p.m. to 9 p.m. - Family 4th at the Common - The Market Common in Myrtle Beach
7 p.m. - 4th of July Celebration with the Indigo Chorale Society - lawn of the Kaminski House Museum in Georgetown
9 p.m. - East Bay Park in Georgetown
10 p.m. - Veterans Pier at the Murrells Inlet Marshwalk
We wish all of you a happy and safe Independence Day celebration while you're here enjoying your Low Country Vacation.
Pawleys Island is a family-friendly beach town just 20 miles south of Myrtle Beach. Founded in 1822, Pawleys Island is one of America's oldest seaside resorts and continues to thrive as a vacation destination. Tourists travel from as far as Canada to truly experience the pristine beaches and creeks Pawleys Island has to offer. Pawleys Island vacation rentals range from golf course condos to oceanfront homes. Although summer is the peak season, the subtropic climate allows Pawleys Island to serve an ideal travel destination any time of the year.
Pawleys Island offers a peaceful setting without all the over commercialization, traffic, crowds, and the same bargain beachwear stores on every corner that can be expected at other nearby beach towns. Full of 'Mom and Pop' style restaurants and shops, when you visit Pawleys Island you will fall in love with its charm and culture.
Rich in natural beauty, Pawleys Island offers access to the ocean, creek and river for the perfect vacation. Whether you're looking for relaxation or adventure, Pawleys has it all! One of the best spots for leisurely shopping and delicious dining is at the Hammock Shops, right up the road from The Lachicotte Company office. Offering local boutiques, specialty shops, bakeries and fine dining, there's something for everyone. If you're feeling more adventurous, there are more outdoor activities than you could imagine. Pawleys Island offers some of the area's best fishing, crabbing, paddleboarding, kayaking and surfing. Charter boats are available to take you out in the water for a great fishing experience and there are many local watersport businesses that offer tours, rentals and lessons.
Come to Pawleys Island and experience what the lowcountry has to offer!